The most awesome 13 year old boy in the world, my son, Brandon, is about to face the challenge of his life. He has been diagnosed with cancer. He has a fairly rare form of cancer in his leg bone (fibula) called Ewing Sarcoma. Apparently this cancer is most often found in teenage boys, coming about as they grow into their teenage years. The news came this last week after we took him to the doctor to find out why his leg was swollen and staying swollen.
We ended up going to the Hospital, going through test after test to find out more about what is wrong with his leg. The poor boy had to be poked and prodded so many times. He had dye put in his veins. He had so many different doctors and nurses touching and poking at him, some of which hurt, and some of which tickled. We sat in office after office, for hours upon hours, and Brandon took it all very well. Before he fully understood that he actually has cancer, I asked him, "What will you do if the doctor says you have cancer?" and Brandon said "I'll just fight it". He is a strong boy, he has a strong heart, and he is determined. I am so proud of Brandon's courage and strength, he is such an awesome young man! Thank you to all who have or will pray for him, he can use the blessings.
6 comments:
We just heard the news. I am so sorry you guys have to deal with this. Brandon is an awesome and strong young man. I know he can beat this! He, and the rest of your family will be in our prayers. ((HUGS))
Hey, Bud...It's no surprise to me that Heavenly Father would challenge one of his strongest spirits with such a test. You're one of the special ones, Brandon, and don't forget it. You have a good attitude, and supportive parents, I know you can beat this. I'm glad Dad gave you a blessing, they're always super strong. I'll be with you in the hospital when you have your chemo treatments. I love you so much, Baby, and I'm proud of you. You can do this!
Brandon, we too are sorry to hear about this, but we feel so confident that you will overcome and come out on top and triumphantly! We love you very much and you are in our thoughts and always in our prayers.
Hi Brandon,
We just want you to know that we're thinking of you and praying for you everyday. I love the pictures that your Dad put up. I haven't seen you in such a long time. You are really tall and grown up looking! I always hear about you from your Grandma Cranston (bragging...lol) Kevin says hi and to get better so that you guys can go to Disneyland together again. All our love and hugs. Aunt Patty and family
Hey, guys...I up-dated my profile so it has our picture on it. We'll take a newer one when we're together again. Anyway, you can check out my profile if you ever get interested in your 'ol Mom! Luv you Brandon & Kenna!!!!!
Post a Comment